Inform Africa is a broad-led, non-profit organization that has been registered and has received legal personality status with Registry Number 5520 on March 23, 2021, as a local Organization under the Civic Society Organization Proclamation No. 1113/2019. Inform Africa is working in the field of fact-checking, digital rights, media literacy, media training, media research, and media technology development and support working hand in hand with other organizations and local media houses in Ethiopia by creating a local media technology development and research hub.
Inform Africa in partnership with IMS-Fojo is implementing a media literacy campaign, called Arif Negari. The campaign aims to reach the public by training 20 young social media influencers and to make them able to create awareness about media literacy. The third round campaign about visual storytelling, which consists of a one day training, a three days online campaign, a short video competition and a panel discussion is launched.
The video competition of this round explores the thematic area of ‘The change you want to see in the world’.
The main objective of the video competition is conveying the idea ‘The change you want to see in the world’ through visual aid. In doing so it aims to focus on this areas:
- To deepen the understanding of content creation through visual aid
- To understand the relevance of media content on conveying idea
- To create awareness of the change the youth wants to see in the world and its importance for the future society
- To emphasis on the role of youths in becoming an impactful content creator
Rules and regulation
The third competition theme is ‘The change you want to see in the world’. All submitted entries must establish a link to this theme.
Entrants may create a piece of fiction or drama, a documentary, community service or an announcement (be sure to adhere to copyright rules!). Submitted films can be animated or live-action – funny or serious.
- All films must be made specifically for Arif Negari’ video competition
- Films may be in dialogue format or have no dialogue at all.
- Non-Amharic audio (and important on-screen text) must have Amharic or English subtitles.
- If you include any copyrighted or trademarked content, you must include recognition.
- Entries containing any unauthorized content will be disqualified.
- The video should be with High-definition(HD) quality
- The submission should include a poster and a short description of the video
Send your full name, phone number, a poster and a short description along with the video on Inform Africa’s telegram address @informafrica till June 22, 2022.
If you have any questions, or are having trouble submitting your entry online, please contact us through 0930042578 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Finalists and winners
Five finalists will be announced and contacted by phone number. Please ensure you submit a valid phone number with your submission.
The entrants whose submissions best capture the theme – ‘The change you want to see in the world’, and are considered the most engaging, imaginative and innovative in content and delivery, will be deemed the winner.
The winners will be announced at the third Media Literacy panel of Arif Negari, to be held on Friday, July 1,2022.
For the Amharic version click here.