Job Title: Program Manager
Organization: Inform Africa
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: March 10, 2023
About the Organization:
Inform Africa is a local civil society organization that specializes in media development. Our mission is to promote a free and independent media landscape in Ethiopia and beyond. We aspire to lead initiatives on countering disinformation, media literacy, training, monitoring, research & technology. We believe that access to reliable and accurate information is essential for building democratic societies and promoting human rights.
We are seeking a Program Manager who will be responsible for leading and managing our programs on countering disinformation, media literacy, training, monitoring, research & technology. The Program Manager will be based in Addis Ababa and will report directly to the Executive Director. This position requires an individual with strong project management skills, experience in media development, and a commitment to promoting human rights and democracy.
• Lead the development and implementation of Inform Africa’s programs on countering disinformation, media literacy, training, monitoring, research & technology.
• Develop project proposals, budgets, work plans, and monitoring and evaluation plans for Inform Africa’s programs.
• Supervise and provide guidance to program staff, consultants, and partners to ensure timely and effective implementation of programs.
• Monitor program activities, outputs, and outcomes to ensure they meet the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Manage program budgets, ensuring that spending is in line with donor requirements and organization policies.
• Represent Inform Africa at meetings, conferences, and other events related to media development, disinformation, media literacy, and technology.
• Develop and maintain relationships with donors, partners, and stakeholders to ensure the sustainability of Inform Africa’s programs.
• A Bachelor degree in International Development, Communications, Journalism, or a related field.
• At least two years of experience in program management, preferably in media development.
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to develop project proposals, work plans, and budgets.
• Experience in countering disinformation, media literacy, training, monitoring, research & technology.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with staff, partners, and donors.
• Experience in fundraising and donor management is an asset.
• Strong commitment to promoting human rights and democracy.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV, a cover letter, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 10, 2023. Please indicate “Program Manager” in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. We encourage applications from women and individuals from diverse backgrounds.